Ugh...Exercise

So I am cheating tonight because I am tired and I can't get the creative juices flowing. I know it is only day two but the end of Daylight Savings Time is kicking my butt. I passed out on the couch last night watching Pirates of the Caribbean. I nearly jumped out of my skin when the Sheriff suggested we go to bed and then I was out again in about two seconds once my head hit the pillow. Maverick even put himself to bed last night because he was so tired. I don't think it helped that we spent most of the weekend cleaning. And by cleaning, I mean moving furniture to sweep and mop behind it before we laid down our new rug in the living room. With the living room and dining room being conjoined we can't clean one without the other. And then the kitchen had to come next because we needed dishes to eat off of and well before we knew it we were almost done with the whole house. And worn out. (and I wrote a lot of ands there but it's my blog and I say it's OK!) So back to my original point which is that I am cheating and using a blog prompt because I couldn't think of anything to write about. (You never would have guessed that from the previous paragraph either!)

What's one thing that you know you SHOULD do for your health that you just can't seem to make happen? And why is it so hard?

That is an easy one. I need to lose weight. I weighed myself recently and I was very upset at what the number was and I know I need to do something to change it. I know I need to watch my diet a little closer and I need to exercise and that is where the problem comes in. I just cannot seem to stick to an exercise routine. I have joined gyms, fitness programs, women only workouts, you name it. But I just can't seem to find something that works for me. For one, I have other things I would rather be doing with my time than spending it working out. I don't get a high from it. I don't enjoy it. To me it is a tedious task that I must suffer through. I blame it on the fact that I never had to worry about my weight when I was younger. But then I was dancing as many as 5 days a week so I was exercising regularly. I just didn't realize it at the time. Once I quit dancing in college and continued to age, the lack of movement took its toll and now more than 10 years later here I am. So now to find a routine that works for me and my family and doesn't cost a fortune so I can see that dreadful number lower to a more decent range.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016 To Do List

2015 To Do List - Review

2015 Year in Review