Happy Place Song

I am starting to realize that listening to JB & Sandy is giving me some great material for posting to my blog.  This morning they were sharing songs that took them to a happy place.  Songs that brought back memories from a simpler time.  So it got me thinking about what I would consider my happy place song.  The first thing I thought of was "Celebration" by Kool & the Gang.  I vividly remember Vincent playing it on his record player and the 3 of us dancing around in the hall getting ready for a Mardi Gras parade.  To this day, you cannot go to a Mardi Gras ball without hearing this song at least once.

Another song that brings back some great memories is "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" by the Charlie Daniels band.  This was a party song for us in college.  Many nights we could be found in a field or on the side of a dirt road in the middle of nowhere standing around a bonfire singing this song at the top of our lungs.  Granted most everyone was three sheets to the wind at that point but suddenly we all turned into old school rednecks.  Fun times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016 To Do List

2015 To Do List - Review

2015 Year in Review