- I live in Round Rock and work in Austin. However, I have only lived here for 4 years so I still have no idea where anything is. I rely on my GPS for that reason. Please don't laugh at me for this. But I am willing and able to drive around those who need transportation this weekend.
- For the same reason listed above, I also have no idea what is really fun to do in Austin. There are still a lot of tourist-y things I want to do like tour the Capitol and see the bats fly from the Congress Street Bridge. If anyone is interested in that, let me know and I will gladly join you.
- While I live in Texas, I am not a native Texan. I am from Alabama and I sound like I am from Alabama. I am extremely proud of my Southern heritage. Nothing pisses me off more than when Texans make fun of Alabama. So if you have something bad to say about my home state, please just don't say it in front of me.
- I am also I die hard Alabama fan. No, not the country music group. Not even the state. I am talking about the school and the football team in particular. I know more about football than some guys do. I love the sport and I love my team. That being said, I am missing the Alabama v. Tennessee game Saturday night to come to dinner at Z'Tejas. This is a big deal for me. I don't miss games. Ever.
- I love houndstooth. It's an Alabama thing. It is nothing out of the ordinary to see me sporting at least one item of houndstooth something on my person at anytime. However, I do believe that Lady Gaga proved there is such a thing as too much houndstooth.
- I am so glad I don't have to pack for the weekend as I have no idea what I am going to wear. I am still trying to figure out what fits my post-baby body and I really have not had the time or energy to do a lot of shopping.
- I am secretly jealous of all of you who are getting a weekend away from your families. Not that I want to get rid of mine but the thought of the bed to myself, no dog, baby, kid, or husband waking me up before 8 makes me want to crash at the hotel just to relax for a few days.
- I have not had time to get my eyebrows done or my hair cut so please don't judge my fluffy brows or split ends. There is just no way to fit it in between now and Friday.
- I usually wake up some time between my husband's 4:30 alarm and my 5:30 alarm so 9 PM is really late for me and I am usually heading to bed shortly after that. Don't be surprised if I am completely exhausted and no longer fun by the time it rolls around.
- I so want to be one of the cool kids that everyone likes but I fear I am more like the annoying little sister that won't go away. Maybe it's because I grew up as the annoying little sister who wouldn't go away. Somehow I always feel like I am more on the outside looking in rather than part of the group.
- My husband is worried that I am not going to have fun this weekend. He so wants me to relax and enjoy some time away from the house because I have had very little me time since Jackson was born 3 months ago.
- I am secretly worried about the same thing. I also know that it is going to kill me to be away from Jackson all weekend since I don't get to see him much during the week now. I might just have to bring him along for part of the weekend. (And yes, Sarah, you can hold him.)
- My husband works for local law enforcement and therefore is extremely paranoid about something happening to me when I am out and I have a drink or two. Don't be surprised if he calls to check up on me and see if I need a ride home.
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
13 Things to Know Before You Meet Me
So, The Blathering is this weekend and 50 fabulous ladies are going to be converging on my city to take it by storm for 3 days. I am terrified and excited all at the same time. I do not know any of these women in real life and most of them I have only meet over the internet in the last couple of months as the attendee information has been posted. Several have shared 13 things to know about me so I figured I would jump on the bandwagon as well. Here it goes:
I spent all last night and my drive to work this morning trying to figure out what to post as my 13 things. I am sure I forgot something I had thought of but that's OK. You guys are going to meet me soon enough and I am sure you will learn much more than you could pick up here.