1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Got a tattoo, lived alone away from my family, started counseling
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t remember making any resolutions last year so I guess I didn’t keep them if I did. However, I do plan on making some this year and I will post them to remember them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, Jennifer L., Jennifer C., Amanda, Leana, and Ronda…I think that is it
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Unfortunately, my Memommie
5. What countries did you visit?
Does the Texas Hill Country count?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A boyfriend who treats me decently and more money
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
February 27th - the day I closed on my house in Killeen
April 29th – the day I closed on my house in Round Rock
November 1st - the day Memommie died
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Buying a house on my own
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not following through with the classes for my CPA
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a really bad bout of food poisoning in March
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My house and my car
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Maverick…he calmed down a lot moving into the house
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The guys I dated specifically Wally
14. Where did most of your money go?
Furniture for my new house
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Moving into my house
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Dreaming with a Broken Heart by John Mayer
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Much happier since I no longer have the stress of my marriage to worry about
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter unfortunately but working on that for next year
c) richer or poorer? Poorer thanks to buying a new house and new car
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spent more time exploring this fabulous city I live in
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Sitting at home alone
20. How did you spend Christmas?
In Mobile with my family
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yes, I really do believe that I do and it has taken the better part of the year to recover from it
22. What was your favorite TV program?
So many…how to choose just one…The Office, Grey’s Anatomy, Ugly Betty
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
There may be a few people who I dislike but I wouldn’t say that I hate anyone.
24. What was the best book you read?
Marley and Me…can’t wait to see the movie…I think I know a dog like that
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Several…I think I was living in the musical dark ages…Avril Lavigne, Pink, Joshua Radin
26. What did you want and get?
My house, my car, my life back
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Definitely a tie between Mamma Mia and Sex and the City
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 31 by celebrating with happy hour at Sam's Boat with co-workers and sushi at Tomo with friends.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Someone special to spend it with
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
32. What kept you sane?
My friends and Maverick
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I didn’t really get wrapped up in celebrity this year
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I guess the election even though I don't really follow politics much.
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
That I can date someone without losing myself in the process. That it's not only OK for me to focus on myself but it is important to keep myself first. And that I don’t need to lean on anyone.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“It’s a brand new day. The sun is shining. It’s a brand new day. For the first time in such a long, long time I know I’ll be OK.”To close here is my horoscope from today. I don't think anything could be more perfect or say it any better.
"Attend to unfinished chores early in the day so you can fully enjoy the pleasures of ushering in 2009 without worrying about what you should have done. Even if you plan a quiet evening at home, give yourself the space to dream about the changes that you'd like to see over the next year. There's no reason to hold back your vision; you can travel anywhere you wish in your mind."