Sunday, December 20, 2009
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Monday, October 5, 2009
In other news, my ex is engaged. I am not sure how I feel about that except that it is weird. And that is frankly all I can say about that right now.
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Secondly, I start back to school next week. I have mentioned before my quest to become a CPA and I have been frustrated by the lack of opportunities around me complete the course work necessary to take the exam. Well, I finally broke down and did something I wasn't sure I wanted to do. I contacted the University of Phoenix. So far I am impressed with the setup and the programs they offer and can't understand why I didn't do this sooner. This time next year I will have my second masters degree and will be studying for the exam.
Third, I started Weight Watchers at work (I don't dislike everything about the new place) this past week. I am in serious need of some waistline reduction since the majority of the waistbands in my closet are too tight. This summer has not been great for me and watching what I eat. I have traveled a couple of times and had my parents visit. That all amounts to a lot of eating out. I hope to drop about 30 pounds overall but I will be happy to get back down under 150 again and make my 10% goal weight.
As you can see, there is a lot going on here. Changing jobs was a big deal for me because that job was the reason I moved to Austin instead of heading back to Alabama after Shawn and I separated. There were a lot of big lifestyle changes associated with that position for me. To be honest, I am not happy with a lot of things in my life right now and I am taking steps to try to change that. Hopefully I will have better news to report soon.
Monday, July 27, 2009
Saturday, June 27, 2009
1. Mostly importantly the person needs to be emotionally ready and opened to the idea of a relationship. That means no recent or pending divorces or breakups.
2. The person needs to be willing to provide me with an adequate amount of attention. This could include phone calls, text messages, emails, instant messages or even Facebook posts. Anything that let's me know you are interested and thinking of me. But there is also that fine line between enough attention and too much attention.
3. Someone who is willing to include me in their life. I don't expect or want to spend every waking moment together but it would nice to know when you have other plans or when we might get to see each other. Also meeting their friends is another way to include me in their life. I would like to think the friends have at least heard the person is seeing someone.
Obviously this is just a start. I do intend to compile a more complete list in the future. And to answer the question, no, the person from the past does not meet any of these criteria. What I don't know is if he is capable of meeting these if really given the opportunity. I might not ever know the answer to that one.
Monday, June 22, 2009
So we enjoyed the sun, sand and water for a couple of hours before I realized that I was turning pink and it was time to head in. More relaxing in the condo and another late afternoon walk on the beach rounded out the day. Sunday morning meant checking out of the condo to head back home. At that point the last thing I wanted to do was drive back to Austin, so we decided to head to Corpus Christi and take a tour of the USS Lexington.
Seeing the ship and comparing it to the USS Alabama at home was pretty neat except for the fact it was blazing hot. I do believe Jenny and I sweated off 5 pounds during the tour. Thank goodness they sell Icees on board to help cool you off. I also scraped my sunburned leg on one of the metal steps while climbing a ladder and screamed bloody murder. I do believe that hurt more than I could have possibly imagined. All in all it was a great trip. I needed a couple of days to take my mind off of the real world and just relax.
Monday, May 25, 2009
I am proud of my brother. He didn't have to join the guard once he left active duty. He is currently going through pre-deployment training that will wrap up at the end of this week. Next month he will spend some time at Fort Hood for some more training before officially activating in July. The current plan is for his unit to head to the sand box some time in August. Now that I have time to process all of this, I am doing everything I can to be there for him and his wife. I know how hard it is to be the one left behind so I want to make sure Jenny has the support she needs.
So on this Memorial Day, make sure you thank a soldier. Also thank that soldier's family. Trust me when I say it will mean a lot to them.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
There is also the fact that Mother's Day also makes me wonder if I will ever be a mother. I never was certain that I wanted to be a mother. I'm still not but the fact that it might not be an option for me upsets me. I think the biggest thing is that I want the option to still be there and for me to decide if it will happen or not. But as I get older which no real prospects of a serious relationship on the horizon, the more that option seems to be slipping away from me. I know I wouldn't want to have a child alone so that isn't even an option I would consider.
Sorry for the melancholy mood but I just need to get a few things off my chest.
Saturday, May 2, 2009
- Posting a picture of your house: I am not dating your house. I am dating you. I will be more concerned about what your place of residence looks like after I meet you and that is more to see if you live in filth or not. To me that just screams materialistic and that you are trying to show off.
- Posting a picture of your motorcycle/vehicle: Once again, I am looking to date you not your vehicle. I don't care what kind of car you drive as long as it is clean. Unless you want to date a biker chick, I don't understand motorcycle pictures at all. That doesn't impress me and only tells me what you will be spending your free time doing.
- Posting group pictures: It is fine to have a group picture or two on your profile but please identify which one you are in the picture. I don't want to look at a picture and try to figure out who is who. You never know, I might end up attracted to your hot friend standing next to you.
- Posting partial pictures: No matter how good you are with photoshop or cropping, you can always tell when someone has been cut out of a picture. I understand it might be your last girlfriend or ex-wife and that it's a great picture of you. But I am sure you have another one that doesn't include someone else. Please post that instead. I actually saw a picture once where the guy didn't even bother to crop out his family. He just whited out the faces of his ex-wife and two kids and posted it like that.
- Posting pictures with other women: Make sure you identify the women in the picture that you have your arm around. Is it your sister, your cousin, your best friend? Inquiring minds want to know. I don't want to be left guessing the status of that picture or wondering why you even posted it at all. Was it to show that you can be nice to women?
- Posting non-flattering pictures of yourself: Are you serious about trying to meet someone? How about a smile every once in a while? If your picture looks like a mugshot, I am going to wonder why you went to jail. Also I am looking for someone with a good personality to go along with looks. If I don't find you attractive in your photos, I am not going to interested in connecting with you.
- Posting pictures of yourself from various locations: So you have gotten to travel a lot. Good for you. I don't know what it is that bugs me about these pictures so much but I kind of feeling like you are trying to brag or show off. Am I envious that you have gotten to go all these cool places? Sure. Do I want to see the pictures before we meet? Not really. Save those stories for when we are talking and you can share those experiences with me.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
- Spend our entire first telephone conversation talking about how much pot you like to smoke.
- Call me at 2:30 in the morning because I haven't returned your text from the previous day.
- Tell me you are no longer interested because I was on the phone with my mother when you called and it was too late to return your call.
- Become extremely clingy after a couple of instant messenger chats.
- Post comments referencing me in Facebook quizzes when we haven't even met.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
- good eving how are you my names trony im 27 about to be 28 never married or had abny kids im intersted in getting to know more about you and starting from friends i like the out doors things like that playing pool i work fulltime as wrecker driver in n austin i love my job helping people in trouble any how if yopu would like to talk drop me aline
I am so glad that trony decided to get in touch with me and show me not only his inability to spell but also to form a sentence and use punctuation.
- So supposedly, whatever criteria go into matching people up on this site thinks that I like ugly people...so I'm going through all these pics of uglies and I see your pic. I'm like...hey, she's not ugly, she couldn't possible be...(dramatic pause) A MATCH! I don't know what they mean by "a match," but I thought it might be worth checking out...after all, we're on plenty of fish for a reason, right?
I guess I am supposed to be flattered that he doesn't think I am ugly but I am still not exactly sure what I make of his email. I mean seriously why would you say all this. It's unnecessary.
- So you are a Crimson Tide..does that mean we gonna be fighting coz im a die hard longhorn.
First off, I am not going to fight with you for rooting for another football team unless it is Auburn or Tennessee. Secondly, we are adults. Can we talk like it and refrain from using juvenile language?
at my cousins house and living with aunt and uncle until.....
just moved here last sat. i'm having a blast and I love everything..
here in austin
my profile from the lake home is still real until, i sell it.
lets get in touch, if you're fun or funny...if not, i promise to make you laugh!
This email was written by a 40 year old man. I don't think I need to say anymore than that.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
1. Aveda Hand Relief Lotion
2. Chapstick 100% Naturals Lip Butter
I don't even remember the original reason I picked this product up in the store the first time. I think it was because of the lavender color on the label. But whatever the reason, I am glad I did. This chapstick moisturizes my lips without leaving that waxy feeling behind. I alway have a tube in my purse and I think you can find 2 or 3 tubes in various locations around my house. I loved this stuff so much that I gave it to my co-workers as part of their Christmas gift this year (along with a small tube of the Aveeno Hand Relief and some other goodies).
3. Clarins One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser
I decided to try this product after seeing it on the Clarins website and it just seemed too good to be true. This cleanser truly is gentle enough to use every day and is one of the few cleansers I have found that I still love after more than a couple of months. It smells great and really does a good job of leaving my face feeling clean and smooth.
4. Aveeno Baby Calming Comfort Lotion
Now I know the first thing you are thinking is that I don't have any children so how could I know anything about baby products. That is true. I don't know if this product is any good for babies. I just know it does wonders for the dry skin on my heels and feet. I typically apply this before going to bed at night and wake up with soft skin in the mornings. My sister-in-law introduced me to this product because she liked it for the same reasons I do. It isn't greasy and the scent is lovely. Plus it works.
5. Hello Flawless Custom Powder Cover up with SPF 15
This is my newest find and I am beginning to wonder how I functioned without it. After a recent facial, I ran in Sephora to apply some makeup so I didn't look like death warmed over. I decided to try Hello Flawless thinking there was no way a powder would work to even my skintone. I was wrong. So I purchased it still thinking that it couldn't possibly last long enough to make it through an entire day. Again, I was wrong. This powder has pleasantly surprised me in many ways. I love the coverage it provides and because it is a powder, it feels like you are wearing nothing. I still can't believe that it lasts as well as it does. I have spent a fortune on foundations in the past that made me look like I haven't even applied makeup an hour after I put it on. This stuff is great.
So there you have it. A few of my favorite products that you will always find laying around my house or in my purse. Now it is your turn...what should I try? Also, if you love any of the products I have listed above or if you try them as well, let me know.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Monday, February 23, 2009
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
"You could reach creative heights today, but you'll need to channel your emotions in a positive direction, instead of allowing them to pull you into a swamp of complications. If you try to hold on to an old feeling or a worn-out habit, you'll only get bogged down in the mire. But if you are willing to let go of the past, then anything is possible. The choice is in your hands."
I have recently reconnected with someone from my past and I am allowing all the old hurt to control my emotions. Instead of trying to relax and let things happen, I am trying to force it again. I need to stop. I need to just let it be. We enjoy each other's company so I need to appreciate that. There is no need for me to rush anything but it is my instinct for some reason. It doesn't help that I am really feeling sorry for myself right now. I am letting all the bad things in life get me down instead of being optimistic about what the future might hold. So how do I let go and let the past be the past?
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Sunday, January 4, 2009
- I love sitting on the couch on a Sunday morning with a cup of coffee reading the newspaper.
- Sometimes my dog is so cute. When I open the plantation blinds in the living room, Maverick will put his paws on the window sill outside and look in at me. It is one of the most adorable things I have ever seen.
- Sometimes my dog can be so annoying like when he tries to steal the blanket covering my legs.
- Sandra Lee on the Food Network annoys me. The premise of her show, Semi-Homemade, is great but I can't watch it because I can't stand her.
- I really wish I had someone to cook for. I love to cook and I am constantly finding great recipes I want to try. However, most of them are too much to fix for just me and require more effort than I want to make for a one person meal.
- The weather in Texas kills me. Yesterday it was 80 degrees and I was running the AC. Today it is 40 and the heat is back on. It's no wonder my sinuses suck!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
1. I am going to take better care of myself. This included mentally, emotionally, and physically. That means eating better and exercising more. That means not getting into relationships that are bad for me both with guys and with friends. That means focusing on the positive and not letting myself get lost in my loneliness.
2. I am going to be fiscally more responsible. It took me a while to get used to have a single source of income again. In my mind I was still as comfortable financially as I was when I was married so I spent more than I should have. I am going to stick to a tighter budget this year and I am even looking into taking on a secondary tax prep job during tax season.
I think these are fairly reasonable goals to accomplish. I am not sure how I will be able to judge my progress but I will know. I am entering this year without the same issues and entanglements I had at the beginning of 2008. As selfish as it sounds, its all about me now. I can't wait to see what 2009 has in store.