Saturday, June 30, 2007
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Friday, June 15, 2007
Maverick, on the other, is noticing Shawn’s absence. I caught him sitting in front of the door to the garage the other night just staring waiting for it to open. It is sad because he doesn’t understand. He is used to it being just me in the house with him since Shawn was deployed when I got him. Actually, I would think he would be a bit relieved to have Shawn gone since I am clearly the favorite pet parent. We have been getting in some good quality time. I feel like we have returned to deployment mode a bit, watching tv sitting in the recliner together all night. It has been a nice little break from the stress we were under before this trip began.
We are still waiting for news of a new contract at work. I really hope that we get it. Some big changes will happen around the office if we get it. Not to mention that it will double our work load since we add nearly 100 more employees. We have heard through unofficial channels that we got the contract but I don’t know when the official word is supposed to come out. I think we might hear something next week once our president gets back from his cruise. I certainly hope so!
Well, I don’t have any exciting plans for my Friday night. I just ordered a pizza (yes, second time this week) and I am thinking that pay-per-view sounds like a winner. I could clean the house but I think I will wait until tomorrow. Cleaning seems like a good plan for Saturday plus a trip to the post office to mail somethings that Shawn forgot to take with him.
Sunday, June 10, 2007
Thursday, June 7, 2007
13 Things that Made Me Smile Today
1. Talking to IT Guy
2. IT Guy’s son paying a visit to my office
3. Jason’s Deli with the girls
4. All things Pampered Chef
5. Leaving a note on someone’s car
6. Changes at work
7. Text messages
8. Puppy love
9. Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
10. Play time
11. Being alone with someone special
13. Completing this list
Tuesday, June 5, 2007
10 Occupations You Wanted to be When You Were Young
4. dance teacher
8. fashion merchandiser
10. stay at home wife and mom
Notice the one occupation that is missing from this list?!?
Saturday, June 2, 2007
So I decided to jump on the bandwagon since I haven’t posted anything in a while and try my hand at a Saturday Shuffle. I am still pretty new to the ITunes world so I don’t have a big variety yet. And some of what I do have, I am embarassed to even admit it is there. But…here I go:
1. Luckenbach, Texas - I had to add this song since Luckenbach is about 2 hours from where I live. Shawn and I visited there last year after he returned from deployment #2.
2. Not Me from Aida - I saw this show three years ago in NYC and absolutely feel in love with it.
3. Americans We by Gramercy Brass - A flashback to my high school band days. I have a special love for a good Sousa march.
4. Son’s Gonna Rise by Citizen Cope - Not too sure how I ended up with this on my playlist. It came from an album I had to download to get the one song I wanted.
5. My Home’s in Alabama by Alabama - Pretty self explanatory for anyone who knows anything about me. If you don’t, read my 100 things about me list.
6. I’ve Got a Dark Alley and a Bad Idea That Says You Should Shut Your Mouth by Fall Out Boy - see number 4.
7. Hill Country Here I Come by Tommy Alverson - I live right next to the Hill Country in Texas. For some reason, I felt the need to download several songs about Texas.
8. A Little More You by Little Big Town - I think this is the first album I downloaded. Just liked it. Not really sure why.
9.Middle of Nowhere by Hot Hot Heat - See numbers 4 & 6. Why does it keep going to this album?
10. Like Father, Like Son from Aida - See number 2. However, this is one of my least favorite songs from that show.
So now I have joined in with the rest of the Her Hangout crowd. Let’s see if I can keep this up. Next up I am aiming for a Thursday Thirteen.
On another note, my friend, Jenn, is planning a killer girls only bash for my big birthday in July. Since DH will be training out in Cali on my birthday, she decided it would be the perfect time to have a Pure Romance party. I can’t wait. I have decided it will be the bachelorette party I never had. Lots of jello shots and margaritas will be included. It will by far be the best birthday party I have ever had. I will need it too since I am not thrilled about turning 30. I am thankful she took it on herself to do this for me. She is a true friend. Besides, Shawn doesn’t think birthdays are a big deal nor does he understand my concern over being 30 so he wouldn’t have planned anything for me if he was going to be here. He has missed two birthdays since we have been married and will likely miss next year’s as well. So it typically ends up just being another day.
I mentioned Shawn’s training in California. He leaves next week for a 5 week stay in the desert at the National Training Center at Ft. Irwin, California. I can honestly say I am ready for him to leave for a little while. I am hoping that this will cure some of the tension between the two of us. He has been so busy getting ready for this exercise that our home life is suffering. I need some time to miss him instead of being mad at him all the time. I am tired of the frequent late nights at work and, no matter how much I say or don’t say, he doesn’t seem to care. I told him it would be easier on me to have him deployed because I wouldn’t expect him home. I guess we will just have to see how I feel when he gets home in mid July.
Booked plane tickets to go home today. Yea! I finally get to get out of Texas for a few days and get to spend some time in Alabama. That makes me happy. I have been missing home really bad recently and need some family time. I was beginning to think I wouldn’t get to go home again until Christmas. Mom is coming back with me for the week of July 4th. It will be nice to have her here and she can visit with Clay (brother) in Austin while she is here.
Lastly, I have to mention a new show that starts tomorrow night. Lifetime is previewing a show called Army Wives. It looks good but I am going to have to tune in to see how accurate it is. So far the clips I have seen tell the story of our lives pretty well but there are some exaggerations. But tune in if you want a glimpse into my world. It should be fun.