Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sleeping Pills

I discovered the joys of sleeping pills this weekend. One of the biggest problems I have had through both deployments is my inability to get a decent night’s sleep. I hear every creak and moan that my house makes and convince myself that despite my well working alarm, someone is breaking into my house. Needless to say, the last six months have been filled with many sleepless nights. Early in the deployment I bought a package of Simply Sleep but I only took a couple of them because I still felt groggy the next day at work. Thursday night Shawn called at 12:15 AM my time which of course is 9:15 AM his time. I should have been upset for being woken up in the middle of the night only he didn’t wake me. I had been lying in bed for two hours trying to sleep to no avail. If I had even been remotely close to sleep at that point, it wouldn’t have mattered. If I carry on a coherent conversation with someone, it wakes me up. So I headed into the bathroom and there in the bottom drawer was the Simply Sleep. I figured one pill wouldn’t hurt so I popped one and headed back to the bedroom to watch more Olympics coverage. Twenty minutes later I was in dream land and didn’t hear a sound the rest of the night until my alarm went off the next morning. Even then, it was hard to wake up from what had been the best night’s sleep I had had in Texas. So…I repeated the process on Friday night and Saturday night. I must say that Saturday was great since I didn’t have to get up for work Sunday morning. I should have gone to church this morning but I didn’t regain consciousness until about 10 AM. I don’t plan on making a habit of this but it is nice to know that I have a solution for the nights that I really have a problem.

No comments: