Time on my hands

Our accounting program has been down for two days at work so I am doing everything I can to occupy my time since I have to sit here until 5. I figured now would be a good time to catch up on my blogging since I have nothing better to do and I have been delinquent in advertising my oh-so-exciting life. Shawn returned from the field a week ago still damp from the downpours we had all week including a few tornadoes that apparently were near my house. The weather was bad enough that my boss sent us home early that Friday. I guess I was napping while the tornadoes were circulating because I missed them on the news report I had on all afternoon. That crazy weather led to a beautiful weekend only to be followed by freezing temperatures for Easter. Yes, it snowed for Easter in Central Texas this year. I am not a fan of cold weather or snow for that matter. I prefer warm climates for that reason. Shawn wasn’t as uncomfortable as I was. He didn’t seem to understand my anxiety once I realized it was indeed snowing for the third time in one day and was now sticking. (I promise to post pictures of Maverick in the snow later.) It did make for a nice, relaxing evening at home complete with a fire in the fireplace. By Sunday morning, the snow was beginning to melt and the ground was nothing but mushy by mid-afternoon. So much for the snow. It is supposed to be in the high 80s on Wednesday. Now that is the weather I expect in April. Hopefully I will be able to wear my Easter dress to church next weekend since I was going to wear sandals and a sleeveless dress in 40 degree weather.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016 To Do List

2015 To Do List - Review

2015 Year in Review