Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Big Surprise…Yeah, Right!

OK…so it really wasn’t a surprise when my mom called yesterday and told me she saw a report about the Department of Defense releasing a list of the troops that will be deploying soon. Of course, Shawn’s unit was on that list. While that information may be a surprise to the civilian world, it is no big shock to those of us who have been living the life of preparation. We have known since Shawn changed units in September that this was on the horizon. No orders didn’t mean it wasn’t going to happen or that something might change. I have tried telling that to my mother-in-law but some how she doesn’t believe me. The funny thing to me is my mom was one of the many people in the US who missed the annoucement about the troop extensions. I guess I take for granted that the news that is important in the military world isn’t as relevant to those on the outside. I just hope that the extension is a sign that this crazy situation will be coming to an end soon.

On a side note: I want to apologize for my disappearing act. I have not had much free time recently. Not that it is totally an excuse but I also haven’t had much to say. I have been disappearing from a lot recently strickly out of a need to be alone. I hope to break out of that soon.

No comments: