My Life Right Now

Things have been pretty tense since I got the news about Shawn leaving his current unit. I should be happy because the change eliminates deployment #3 for the time being. However, the Army, in its infinite wisdom, has decided to replace the deployment with a year-long hardship tour overseas. OK…so it isn’t a war zone so I shouldn’t complain but it still means a year separation. Another year by myself…Great! I am an old pro at the married yet single military lifestyle. There are a few good points to this whole thing. I won’t have to move or leave my job. The not moving thing is great because I was just starting to get comfortable here in Central Texas so I won’t have to start over and make new friends. Plus all my friends from Shawn’s current unit will be going through a deployment while he is gone so I will have my semi-single friends to pal around with. I am mostly glad about not leaving my job. I just moved into a new position in the accounting department and there is talk of making me the accounting manager. That is a move that would absolutely thrill me. I would be one step under the comptroller and it would finally put me on the path I want to be on career wise. Shawn is hoping to keep us here at least through the end of his career so I can stay with my company since the future potential there is really good. I just hope his new assignment doesn’t ruin our trip to Hawaii in August.

On another note, my friend, Jenn, is planning a killer girls only bash for my big birthday in July. Since DH will be training out in Cali on my birthday, she decided it would be the perfect time to have a Pure Romance party. I can’t wait. I have decided it will be the bachelorette party I never had. Lots of jello shots and margaritas will be included. It will by far be the best birthday party I have ever had. I will need it too since I am not thrilled about turning 30. I am thankful she took it on herself to do this for me. She is a true friend. Besides, Shawn doesn’t think birthdays are a big deal nor does he understand my concern over being 30 so he wouldn’t have planned anything for me if he was going to be here. He has missed two birthdays since we have been married and will likely miss next year’s as well. So it typically ends up just being another day.

I mentioned Shawn’s training in California. He leaves next week for a 5 week stay in the desert at the National Training Center at Ft. Irwin, California. I can honestly say I am ready for him to leave for a little while. I am hoping that this will cure some of the tension between the two of us. He has been so busy getting ready for this exercise that our home life is suffering. I need some time to miss him instead of being mad at him all the time. I am tired of the frequent late nights at work and, no matter how much I say or don’t say, he doesn’t seem to care. I told him it would be easier on me to have him deployed because I wouldn’t expect him home. I guess we will just have to see how I feel when he gets home in mid July.

Booked plane tickets to go home today. Yea! I finally get to get out of Texas for a few days and get to spend some time in Alabama. That makes me happy. I have been missing home really bad recently and need some family time. I was beginning to think I wouldn’t get to go home again until Christmas. Mom is coming back with me for the week of July 4th. It will be nice to have her here and she can visit with Clay (brother) in Austin while she is here.

Lastly, I have to mention a new show that starts tomorrow night. Lifetime is previewing a show called Army Wives. It looks good but I am going to have to tune in to see how accurate it is. So far the clips I have seen tell the story of our lives pretty well but there are some exaggerations. But tune in if you want a glimpse into my world. It should be fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016 To Do List

2015 To Do List - Review

2015 Year in Review