The Rest of My Trip

I already posted a blog about my trip to Mobile last weekend. I am happy to report that the rest of my stay was much better than the process of trying to get there. It was so great to see Ronda and her little one as well as Auntie Martha and Suzanna. We stayed busy but we still found time for wine and popcorn as well as a lot of girl talk. I got some much needed perspective on some things I have been dealing with recently. That is the great thing about being around people who really know you. They understand you enough to know how you truly feel about things. I am not going to say I got all the answers I needed but I am at least headed in the right direction now. Baby Scout and I hit it off and became fast friends over the weekend. After all, she takes after her Auntie Ju Ju in so many ways.

I do miss being home and being around all those I love. I will have to plan a trip home again sooner than this one was. Mom and I headed back to the Lone Star state on Sunday afternoon. We were worried that the day was going to turn out much like my trip out there when I received the text message that my flight had been canceled. However, we were able to get on an earlier flight out of Mobile that actually worked to our advantage. Once in Dallas, our departure gate changed 4 times and the flight kept getting delayed but we ended up only being two hours late arriving home. It was so nice to see my own bed. I determined that I didn’t want to spend anytime in an airport again for a long time. I am still trying to figure out if there is a way we can drive to Hawaii next month.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016 To Do List

2015 To Do List - Review

2015 Year in Review