It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year?

Those of you who know me well know that Christmas is my favorite time of the year. So, you will be shocked to know that the Christmas spirit has not even registered on my radar this year. I don’t know if it is the divorce or the move or what but I just can’t seem to get excited about Christmas. As a matter of fact, I keep getting annoyed when I see Christmas decorations. I haven’t put up a Christmas tree in two years due to deployments and not being home for Christmas. This will make year number three without a tree which makes me sad. There are two reasons for this: the lack of space in my apartment and the fear of Maverick destroying the tree. The fact of the matter is that I haven’t even touched the boxes with my Christmas decorations in them. I promise I am trying to get myself into the appropriate mood. I hung a mistletoe air freshener in my car and loaded the cd changer down with all my Christmas cds. I even wore my first Christmas sweater of the season today. It isn’t working though. I did make the decision today to drive to Alabama for Christmas after all. I think that finally realizing I won’t be alone for Christmas will perk my mood up a bit. So…Ho, Ho, Ho to you all. May the spirit of the season be with you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016 To Do List

2015 To Do List - Review

2015 Year in Review