Ms. Jackson if you’re Nasty!

Since I finally received the final divorce decree last week, I decided today was the day to make the name change official. So over the course of two hours this morning, I undid the last four years of my life. My trip to the Social Security office was interesting. I headed there first thing this morning thinking I would beat the crowd a bit. But even at 9:20 I still ended up with number A50 when they were on A15. After sitting there for a few minutes, a man approached me who had completed his time at the window and handed me his number (apparently he had two) which was A26. Yipee! That cut my wait time in half. So I passed on my A50 to the man sitting next to me who had A68. I figured it was the least I could do. Then I had some random old drunk man (who had the decency to be sucking on a breath mint) sat down next to me because “I was the prettiest lady in the place.” I can’t decide if the married customer service rep who waited on me was trying to flirt or not when he told me I didn’t look old enough to be married or divorced. I most say it amuses me when people feel the need to express their apologies when they discover I am divorced. I think I surprise them when I give them a big smile and say, “No, even better… divorced,” in response to, “You are changing your name. Did you just get married?”

On a side note, I have a new addiction I have to share with everyone. Since moving to Austin, I have heard more people talk about one particular food item that I had not been able to acquire a taste for…sushi. After much discussion (debate?) with J over sushi, I decided to try a sample at HEB last week (see my previous blog). Much to my surprise not only did I enjoy it but I started craving it. So when J suggested that we try a new sushi place he had discovered Saturday night, I jumped at the chance. I haven’t ventured into the world of the uncooked sushi yet but I am sure it will only be a matter of time before I sample some of J’s rolls. However, here is what I had for dinner tonight:


One more thing that made me smile tonight: the guy playing ‘O Holy Night’ on the electric guitar in HEB. (Actually it was hard for me to keep from cracking up laughing!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016 To Do List

2015 To Do List - Review

2015 Year in Review