525,600 Minutes

As I mentioned before, I recently sold my house in Killeen. That required me to make a couple of trips to the house to remove some of the items I had left in the garage when I moved out. On the way home from my last trip before closing, I popped in the Rent soundtrack (movie not musical) and proceeded to sing along. With an hour of travel time on my hands, my brain began to wander and I started to think about what they were saying in Seasons of Love. This allowed me to think back to the events of the previous year of my life. I realized that it was about this time last year that I first considered leaving Shawn. No one even knew the thoughts that were going through my mind. For someone who has no problem sharing her feelings, the fact that I was miserable in my marriage and wanted out wasn't something I could discuss with anyone. On the surface, Shawn and I appeared to be the perfect couple but underneath I don't think either one of us was truly happy. However, I continued to ignore my feelings for another six months and make some stupid mistakes along the way. It amazes me how far I have come in such a short period of time. My life has changed so much since. I have changed so much since then. I always thought of myself as independent but I feel even more so now. I moved to a new city alone to take a new job. I bought a house on my own. It is all about me now. Well, me and Mr. Mav Dog. Even moving my blog last night allowed me to review the last few years and see how much I have changed. I feel like I have truly matured. I realize now that there is much more to life than having the perfect husband and the ability to go out and spend a fortune on things that I really don't need. Its time to branch out now and explore this wonderful new city I now call home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016 To Do List

2015 To Do List - Review

2015 Year in Review