Things that make me go Hum...

Shortly after arriving at work this morning, I opened up my Google Reader to peruse the various blogs and feeds I have subscriptions to. This morning there were a couple of headlines that really caught my attention and I just felt the need to share them with you.

1. Council considers canine curbs from the Mobile Press Register
Apparently the Mobile City Council wants to fine pet owners for incessant barking and not scooping poop. Being the owner of a very loud beagle, I am sure I would receive numerous fines. Maverick doesn't seem to understand the concept of "shut up." If the city council thinks they are better able to make my dog be quiet, more power to them. I would love to know their techniques so I could employ them myself. However, I doubt they would have much luck either. Thank goodness Mav and I don't live in Mobile!

2. NY Governor Says He Used Drugs from WKRG.com News Stream
Coming on the heels of the prostitution scandal from the recently resigned New York Governor, you would think David Patterson would learn when to keep his mouth shut! First he and his wife announce they both have had extramarital affairs. Now he admits he used illegal drugs years ago. OK...so I guess he wants to put it all out there before the press digs it up and he gets into trouble. But frankly I think he is causing more trouble for himself by being so up front and honest about it. I mean seriously! Doesn't he know when to shut up?

3. Oven Explosion from WKRG.com News Stream
Apparently some kid in Pompano Beach, Florida thought it would be a great idea to put two aerosol cans into an oven. Big shocker that this caused an explosion and fire in the kitchen and injured the woman who was babysitting the child and 4 others. In a smart turn of events, the 5 kids were sent to the Broward County's Juvenile Firesetter Prevention and Intervention program. Somehow I would think that a parent could have stepped in at some point in time and told their own child the dangers of fires and placing things in hot ovens. Forgive me if I am wrong. After all I am not a parent myself.

4. Sara Evans Engaged To Former Tide QB from WKRG.com News Stream
Alas I have missed out on Jay Barker again. First it was to that skanky Amy, his college sweetheart, who left him for another man. Now it is to Sara Evans. Granted she can sing but she can't dance. (If you watched her on Dancing with the Stars, you know what I am talking about.) I guess it was just another case of wrong place, wrong time. Oh well...sigh!

Now for a couple of good laughs. You may have noticed that I added a couple of new sites to my blogroll. You really need to check them out.

1. Stuff that White People Like
The thing that is funny to me is how much I relate to the items on the list. More than half of the list includes things that I either like or have tried at least once.

2. The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks
If you are a punctuation freak, (I am not but these still make me laugh) then this site is for you. The blogger posts pictures of signs with unnecessary quotation marks with witty commentary. My favorite so far came this morning in the form of a sign to dogs about a new "no pooping" advisory and the blogger's remark that, "you know, Dogs can't read." Hi-larious!

*Thanks to Aardvark and Graystar for the links to these websites. They help make my day brighter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016 To Do List

2015 To Do List - Review

2015 Year in Review