Why Me?

So the last couple of weeks at the office have been extremely busy. Trying to prepare for 2 upcoming audits, complete monthly invoicing, and write cost proposals for new contracts has been my life recently. Not to mention all the extra special projects that I have been assigned to do. I don't mind being busy but there is a fine line between busy and too busy and I have been tiptoeing it for the last 2 weeks. To make matters worse, my boss and co-worker both decided to take vacation this week leaving me to run the accounting department on my own. I told them it would be my turn when they got back to run screaming from the building for a few days. Needless to say the last thing I needed this week was to be sick. So when I woke up at 3:30 Wednesday morning to worship the porcelain god all I could think about was the fact that I had to be at the office that day. After struggling to go back to sleep and dealing with a sick puppy on top of everything else, I finally broke down and called my boss around 8 apologizing like crazy that there was no way I could function at the office that day. Once I got her blessing to stay home I popped the wonderful pill that I had received at the ER on Ft. Hood once upon a time that would ease my tummy issues and knock me out for the day. I finally came to from my drug induced coma around 7 PM to walk and feed the now healthy pup and try to find something bland to eat that I might actually be able to keep down. After eating a small amount of soup and watching the American Idol results show, I headed back to the bedroom and returned to my coma. Sleep was good. It was the only time I couldn't feel all the pain radiating through my body (back, stomach, legs, head, shoulders, neck). Once I awoke this morning I was still in pain but I was able to digest some food and liquid so I knew it was back to work for me. As I laid in bed trying to shake off the coma, my upstairs neighbor started rehearsing his audition for next season's American Idol reject video. Yes, folks, he was singing Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody at the top of his lungs at 8 AM. How many days do I have left of apartment living? Trust me when I say that the closing on my house can't get here fast enough!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016 To Do List

2015 To Do List - Review

2015 Year in Review