Quotes to Live By

Ever since college I have enjoying collecting quotes and sayings that apply to my life and whatever situation I might be dealing with at the time. Recently I have come across some good ones and I wanted to share them so you can enjoy them as well. This first one I found painted on the wall at my hair salon and if you know anything about me, you will know how appropriate this one is for me.

- Always act as if you are wearing an invisible crown

Another favorite I actually have painted on a sign hanging in my bedroom

- Don't cry because it is over. Smile because it happened.
Dr. Suess

Here are some good ones I found in Fredericksburg this weekend.

- Life may not always be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance.

- Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.

- May the sun bring you energy by day. May the moon softly restore you by night. May the rain wash away your worries. May the breeze blow new strength into your being. May you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life.
Apache Blessing

- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Mark Twain

- Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day, begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lastly one to really ponder on...

-What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

Think about it. What would you do? I am not sure I know specifically right now. But I do know that I have done a lot of things over the last year that I never thought I would do. I had to believe that I wouldn't fail or else I wouldn't be where I am today. So, be confident in yourself and go change the world.

Comments

Krista White said…
Here's a good quote to add to your collection, if you haven't heard it already:
I would rather be ashes than dust!
I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot.
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time.
-Jack London

Popular posts from this blog

2016 To Do List

2015 To Do List - Review

2015 Year in Review