Murphy's Law

I woke up this morning with every intention of getting a lot accomplished around the house. I wanted to move the last of the boxes out of the garage into the house, bag up the packing trash in the garage, do laundry, break down boxes and add them to the pile in the garage, and of course unpack and sort my stuff. So I got to work first thing by sorting laundry and starting my first load. Now I haven't done laundry since I moved (yes...I have that many clothes) so I haven't had the opportunity to test the waters so to speak here at the new house. About half way through my second load, I noticed that the dryer had stopped but I didn't hear it go off. After fiddling with it, it wouldn't come back on. A little research determined that the breaker for the dryer had flipped. By this time I had already hung all my underwear around the guest bathroom to dry. However, I still had a load in the machine that would need drying so I determined to try to dry it even if it meant flipping the breaker every 5 minutes. Well, this worked for a little while until the dryer finally flipped the main breaker for the house. After 30 minutes trying to locate the correct person to call (gotta love Cooperative Energy), I finally got someone to come out and check my house. Once I got the power back on I decided to head to a laundromat to finish drying my clothes (and quickly realized that I never wanted to go there again!) By the time I got home, I was sufficiently exhausted and it was after 3:30. I did accomplish moving the last of the boxes into the house today and breaking down the ones that had already been unpacked. However, I still haven't gotten very far on my unpacking. Needless to say, it has been a frustrating day and I have an electrician coming tomorrow. On a totally separate side note, I overheard the funniest thing last night while in line at Starbucks. First I must ask if there is a single person in the United States that has never been to Starbucks. I mean we all know it is a coffee shop so obiviously they have coffee in various forms. I thought I was going to die when the girl ahead of me asked if they had lattes. I wanted to ask her if she realized where she was. I mean come on. That is like asking Barnes and Noble (which was the location of this Starbucks) if they have books. Seriously! Have you been living under a rock?!?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I just read 352 words and never read the word boob. Good blog, but I am still disappointed.
Susanna said…
did you ever figure out who the boob ananon person was.

Popular posts from this blog

2016 To Do List

2015 To Do List - Review

2015 Year in Review