Puppy to Please

Just when I decided to write about my playful pup, he does not disappoint. Since moving into the new house, I have been allowing Maverick to sleep in the room with me. He has a bed in the corner which works out well since he can't jump up on to the my bed because it is too high. So when I put him in his room Thursday night so I could get ready for bed, you would have thought I was abusing the pup based on the noises coming from his room. Of course I let him in the room with me once I was heading to bed and, since I am the well trained human that I am, put him up on the bed so he could snuggle with me. Needless to say Mav doesn't quite understand the concept of sleeping in a bit. At 6:15 the next morning, I felt a cold wet nose on my face. Now I am one of these lucky people who has a flexible work schedule so waking up at 6:15 is not something I that I prefer to do. So I went into a full belly rub attack hoping that would calm P-dog down and he would return to dreamland for at least another hour when my alarm goes off. Unfortunately he would have nothing of it and proceeded to start walking around the bed intent to jump off. At that point I realized I would need to get up and let him out. So I slid off the bed and turned around to lift Mav back down to the floor. And there he was in the upward facing stomach position waiting for me to rub his belly. Well I decided that Mr. Dog had missed his chance for the belly rub and I took him back door for his morning rounds. At that point I headed back to bed and slept for two more hours. Hopefully soon Maverick will learn tell time soon and understand the concept of me not having to be at work until around 9.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ha! I have a little guy named Ewok....he just turned 5 months. Keeps us busy!

Popular posts from this blog

2016 To Do List

2015 To Do List - Review

2015 Year in Review