Training Update

I finished my third training session with RR Fit today and I figured this would be a good time to update everyone on my progress. Last week I decided to drop down to the half marathon group mostly because I can't imagine myself ever wanting to walk 26 miles nor do I want to spend the better part of a day trying to do it. So last week's training was 1.5 miles while we increased to 2 miles this week. I am quite pleased with my results today. I managed to keep it at a 14-minute mile pace and finished the two miles in 28.07 minutes. At that rate I will be able to finish the half-marathon in a little over 3 hours. What I need to work on now is my timed walks during the week. I haven't been able to get myself out of bed in the mornings for various reasons and I am just going to have to start forcing myself to get up. I realize that the training on the weekends will never get me anywhere if I don't supplement with additional time spent walking. The good news is that I will be plenty ready to complete the LiveSTRONG Challenge in a month and a half.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016 To Do List

2015 To Do List - Review

2015 Year in Review