Pages

Friday, October 24, 2008

The Week in Review

The week started out on a positive note since I finally heard from eHarmony guy on Sunday (yes, he has a name...we will get to that later) who was heading out of town for a week of camping and fishing. Sadly that was going to mean he wouldn't be back until after I left for Alabama so it would be more than a week before we could hang out again. However, due to a change in plans, he was back in town on Monday and called to setup a date for later in the week. Originally scheduled for Wednesday, our date was moved to Tuesday and might I say it was quite successful. We had a great time just talking and hanging out and all the weirdness (thanks to the ex-wife) of the previous couple of weeks seemed to have disappeared. We did establish ourselves as a couple but I am still realizing that this is a relationship I will have to handle differently from others in the past. I am still not 100% certain of the boundaries and how much is too much yet. I am constantly having to take a step back to gain perspective and remind myself that this is still really new. Dena is impressed that I recognize the need to do this and believes it shows great improvement on my part. It doesn't mean that my brain doesn't go crazy with all the nutty thoughts I have when I don't get a phone call. It just means I am getting better at handling all that. I also have to remember that his work schedule is very different from mine. He is a film maker so he doesn't have a set schedule just one that ebbs and flows as jobs come up. So he might be busy for a week working on a project and then nothing for a couple of weeks. That is very different than my typical office setting job. The week progressed with me suffering from a severe lack of sleep thanks to Maverick who has discovered a hiding place in my backyard and will refuse to come in when called for bedtime. That has meant two nights in a row of puppy freedom till well past midnight and me getting up in the middle of the night to let him back in the house. After being in a particularly sour mood at work yesterday, I decided that the best thing for me was to hit the bed early in order to be in a better mood in Friday. Well, this worked like a charm except for the fact that I was wide awake by 5:30 this morning. That being the case I decided to take advantage of the early morning and accomplish some tasks before work. I had spotted an early voting location around the corner from my house yesterday when I was on my way to get gas ($45 to fill my SUV!) so I arrived there shortly after 7 AM to cast my ballot for the election. A quick stop to grab some breakfast and I made it into the office by 8 this morning. This is unheard of for me since I am normally not out of bed until 8. This evening I get to pack my bags to prepare for my trip to Alabama tomorrow. I am quite excited that I will get to watch Alabama beat Tennessee sitting in the comfort of my parents' living room in Mobile. Then I head north to Huntsville for training and some quality time with a couple of my friends there. I must say that this trip couldn't come at a better time since I have needed an escape from Texas for a couple of months now. It will be great to get a break before the craziness of the holidays sets in. I guess that's all for now. I am sure I will have more to report once I return to Texas.

No comments: