Why do I Torture Myself So?

I think I have covered the majority of the dating sites out there. At some point in the last year, I have been on Match, Chemistry, Yahoo Personals, eHarmony, OKCupid, and ChristianMingle. I have met a few guys, some that lasted longer than others, but on a whole I haven't had much luck. I canceled my eHarmony account after I met Wally and, at the time, that was the only site I was on. When things started to go south with him, I re-upped my account for another month. Now that month is over and I still have no decent prospects from that site. So I canceled it again for about the 4th time. I actually thought that I would take some time away from the dating sites. So what do I do...I get bored and I setup my Yahoo Personals account again. Why? I can't give you a really good answer. I like the attention. I mean who can beat 122 profile views in less than 7 days? However, I am not impressed with the guys I am meeting on there. I don't understand these men who think being pushy is the way to go. If I tell you that I would like to chat some before I agree to meet you, then don't ask me to meet you for dinner 10 times in the conversation. When I am comfortable enough to meet you, then I will tell you. Also, don't assume that you know me well enough to try to suggest how I should live my life after one conversation. So I am constantly asking myself, especially since I am not overly anxious to meet someone new, why I continue to torture myself by trolling around these dating sites. I don't think I will ever know.

Comments

Aardvark said…
dating sux! I am sorry. I wish you lived here so I could set you up ... or at least help you screen the internet boys!
bernthis said…
If I charted all the sites and how many times I've been on and off, I'd look like I was a lunatic.

Popular posts from this blog

2016 To Do List

2015 To Do List - Review

2015 Year in Review