Valentine's Day

I have never liked Valentine's Day. It has always been a reminder to me that I am unlucky in love because I am typically alone on this holiday for lovers. In high school, I would watch my friends walk around with balloons, teddy bears, and flowers from their boyfriends. My roommate and I actually sent flowers to ourselves on Valentine's Day my sophomore year because we wanted the other girls in the dorm to think we had actually gotten something. While I was married, I spent most of my Valentine's Days alone thanks to the Army. So now that I am divorced it is only worse because not only am I alone and reminded that I am unlucky in love but also I am reminded of my failures. Last year I was dumped right before Valentine's Day. This year there are no prospects on the horizon. Every time I open the newspaper or turn on the TV, I am greeted by ads for chocolates and gifts and flowers and reservations for dinner. What I wouldn't give to have someone surprise me with a wonderful Valentine's Day. I know that won't happen but one can dream. If only Maverick could figure out how to send flowers...

Comments

Susanna said…
you have your masters dont you? girl, you should get a job at a community college teaching and you can have all the admirers you want.

Popular posts from this blog

2016 To Do List

2015 To Do List - Review

2015 Year in Review