Port Aransas

After several crazy weeks of proposals at work, I was finally able to make my escape from the office and from Austin to head to the beach for a couple of days. Jenny and I left Friday morning for Port Aransas after I dropped Maverick off at Doggy Day Out for the weekend. Four hours later, we were sitting in Virginia's by the Bay eating fresh seafood and looking out over the water. That night we took a stroll on the beach and then relaxed in the condo until bedtime. After sleeping in Saturday morning, we loaded up our stuff and head to the beach from some fun in the sun. Here is my view from Saturday morning:
So we enjoyed the sun, sand and water for a couple of hours before I realized that I was turning pink and it was time to head in. More relaxing in the condo and another late afternoon walk on the beach rounded out the day. Sunday morning meant checking out of the condo to head back home. At that point the last thing I wanted to do was drive back to Austin, so we decided to head to Corpus Christi and take a tour of the USS Lexington.
Seeing the ship and comparing it to the USS Alabama at home was pretty neat except for the fact it was blazing hot. I do believe Jenny and I sweated off 5 pounds during the tour. Thank goodness they sell Icees on board to help cool you off. I also scraped my sunburned leg on one of the metal steps while climbing a ladder and screamed bloody murder. I do believe that hurt more than I could have possibly imagined. All in all it was a great trip. I needed a couple of days to take my mind off of the real world and just relax.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016 To Do List

2015 To Do List - Review

2015 Year in Review