Goals



I never really set New Year's Resolutions this year, well, because I knew I wouldn't keep them. It seems like no matter I set out to do, life gets in the way and it just doesn't happen. I have 5 days until I complete school ( for the last time). Because I will no longer have to worry about posting discussion or writing papers or group assignments, I will be able to free up some time that I can hopefully focus on other things that I enjoy more. So I would like to set a few goals for the rest of the year in order to fill up some of that free time I will have.

1. To blog more - I have severely neglected my internet home since I have been in school. I recently joined two blog networks with the hope that would encourage me to write more. It isn't that I don't have things to say. I just usually think of them at times when I can't stop to write, such as drifting off to sleep or in the shower.

2. To read more - I love to read. I love getting lost in a story and letting my imagination took over. School has only allowed me the time to read about accounting. While that is my career, I do not enjoy reading about it all the time. I just want to read for fun for a change.

3. Take better care of my house - That includes many things from keeping the house clean, keeping the dog clean, keeping my family fed. We are working on this one now. We have planned a garage sale for next weekend which requires me to clean out every room in the house. We started with Kiddo's room since we were redecorating it and then moved on to the office which was my junk room and storage place for all the things I haven't unpacked since leaving Killeen. I have to tackle the kitchen and our room and then we will be done. I am amazed at how much unnecessary stuff we have.

4. Become more financially sound - I bought the Dave Ramsey starter kit a couple of months ago after reading through Dave's site and taking to heart some of his advice. His baby steps are pretty dead on for the most part. I don't agree with everything he says but it is giving me good guidance on how to proceed from here. So I need to finish reading Dave's books and start applying this new way of thinking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016 To Do List

2015 To Do List - Review

2015 Year in Review