Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Question of the Week

I only have 10 days until NaBloPoMo starts so I am working on several posts to get me started.  The smart thing would be for me to start typing them up so I don't forget what I was planning to write like I normally do.  I also have to work on a new post for my paying gig.  I thought today would be a good day to utilize the blog prompts I stole from the NaBloPoMo website (which reminds me I need to run over there and steal some more.)  I picked what I think is an interesting one today and I would love to hear from my readers the answer to the same question.  So here is the question of the week:

Everyone has a trick they depend on, a shortcut for something like fixing a flat, curing a headache, making a kid stop crying, or choosing a cantaloupe.  What's yours?

I can cure hiccups on everyone but myself (and I am still having a bit of difficulty with the 6 year old but I will get to that.)  Now I am one of those people who will get hiccups several times over the course of several days.  They drive me crazy.  When I was a freshman in college, I got hiccups in the middle of my English class one day.  My fabulous professor, Dr. Dan, turned to me and used a trick that still to this day works when you do it someone else as long as they are not a 6 year old with a short attention span.  Tell the person with the hiccups to concentrate and let you know when they are going to hiccup again.  Wait a couple of minutes and the hiccups are gone.  I have done this to several people and it works every time.  People are amazed.  However, I cannot get it to work for myself I guess because I know the trick.

So there you have it...my little hat trick.  Now it's your turn!

3 comments:

CraftyHope said...

First off, you're posting for your "paying gig." What? Where?
Second, my trick is also hiccups. . . all it is is a spoonful of sugar. Swallow as much of it as you can and it should relieve the hiccups. I've had to use 2 spoonfuls before, but it always works.. I've known people to have hiccups for DAYS and have tried everything, but then the sugar works. Sorry we have competing tricks!

Julie said...

Click the link above and it will take you to my paying gig. It's a short term thing but it's pretty cool to be a paid writer!

I have tried the sugar for hiccups and it didn't work for me. I have tried just about every remedy out there and this one is the only one I have been able to get to work every time.

CraftyHope said...

Ahhhh. . .the link blended in with the text, I couldn't tell it was a link. SORRY!!
Congrats!!