Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

Date Night!

Our church hosts Parents' Night Out once a month and tonight was the night.  The Sheriff and I always take advantage of this because we don't get a lot of time alone thanks to his odd work hours.  Even tonight we had to cut the evening short because he was off to work around 9.  We headed to the Melting Pot for dinner this evening because we had a coupon and stuffed ourselves silly.  The food was amazing.  They are featuring a French themed fondue right now and we selected the special.  I highly recommend the White Chocolate Creme Brulee fondue for dessert.  I don't even like white chocolate and this was the best dessert fondue I have ever eaten there.  I would list Melting Pot high on my list of favorite places to eat.  The meal at the Melting Pot usually takes close to 2 hours to complete so I was worried about being rushed to get the Sheriff off to work and for me to pick up Kiddo.  However, tonight we were able to finish in less than 2 hours and had a little time to kill before we had to head to the church.  It was nice to have some quiet time just the two of us.  That is probably what I would say is the hardest part about our situation.  Newlyweds typically get a couple of years of alone time before kids are in the picture and they have to figure out how to juggle both.  We already have the kid and somehow we have to squeeze in alone time between both our jobs, all of our activities, and make sure Kiddo is taken care of.  We definitely struggle with having enough time alone but we work hard to make it happen as often as possible.  So I am truly grateful to our church for providing us with the opportunity to have some time alone.  Tonight was wonderful...good food, great atmosphere and wonderful company.

No comments: