Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1

The Sheriff decided to surprise me this afternoon with a date to see the new Harry Potter movie.  He had arranged for his parents to watch Kiddo for the night so we could check out the one movie we have both been wanting to see.  Overall I thought the movie was good but then I am a fan of all of the Harry Potter books and movies.  This movie was definitely used to set up the action that will occur in the second part.  It has been more than a year since I read book 7 so I am going to start re-reading it tonight to see what was left out and to remind myself of what will come next.  What I remembered from the book was that the time Harry, Hermoine, and Ron spent in the woods seemed long and drawn out.  It felt the same way in the film.  There were several things that I felt like they touched on in the film but kind of glossed over.  I am hoping they will be focused on a little more closely in the next film.  I am ready for the action to really get going in the next film.  I feel it will be pretty intense and will move really quickly.  I do fear that I will have the same reaction to the final film that I did to the final book.  I wanted more.  I wanted to find out about Harry's life post Voldemort.  I realize the epilogue was intended to show us how everyone turned out but I felt like it was just a glimpse and there was so much more we could learn about them.  I am curious, though, to see how they are going to handle some of the scenes from the Battle of Hogwarts in the movie.  Part 2 is supposed to come out right before my birthday in July so guess what I will be asking for this year.

1 comment:

moocows53 said...

My son, Justin, took me to see it last night. I really enjoyed it but you could almost hear an audible gasp when it was over. Gonna be a long few months waiting to see the next one :-)