Typical Saturday

"Some people think football is a matter of life and death.  I assure you, it's much more serious than that."  ~ Bill Shankly

I am a woman who loves college football.  In most places, that is rare unless you are from the South. Southern women know as much if not more about their team of choice as well as all of their opponents.  Men are surprised when they start chatting me up about football because I am actually pretty knowledgeable on the subject.  Someone made the comment to me while I was waiting in line at Kohl's yesterday that football was the new religion.  I turned to him and said you must not be from the South because if you were you would already know that football is religion.  This comment came after a conversation with his buddy about the Alabama shirt I was wearing.  Sure enough the guy confirmed that he was in deed from California.  You see...college football is a whole different beast when you leave the South.

That being said today started out like any Saturday in the fall.  I was up and had the TV on in time for ESPN GameDay to start.  But that is where my day changed.  For some reason, I wasn't really interested in the early games so I opted for some made for TV movies instead.  I flipped the channel in time to watch Alabama games versus LSU at 2:30.  Truthfully, I wasn't too worried about this game because I felt that LSU's team wasn't that good.  They were just lucky.  Les Miles had made some poor decisions but the team still managed to pull out wins over everyone but Auburn so far.  Needless to say, I was extremely disappointed in Alabama's performance on the field this evening.  While I don't think they played any worse than LSU did, they just didn't seem into the game.  It was almost like they were defeated when they walked onto the field.  So, the day ended with our second loss of the season.  I am still proud of my team but I am hoping they can hold it together better over the next few weeks.  We still have to face an undefeated Auburn in the Iron Bowl the day after Thanksgiving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016 To Do List

2015 To Do List - Review

2015 Year in Review