Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Weekend Over

I can't believe this weekend is over.  It was so nice to have a few days off.  I can't say they were relaxing since I was busy getting ready for Thanksgiving and fighting a cold the whole weekend but it was still a good all the same.  Since month end was Friday, we will be working on our close out to wrap up the month.  That means a busy week for us.  But then I am starting to feel like that is the story of my life.  I was able to knock out a few more Christmas gifts this weekend. I am just waiting for suggestions from a few of my family members so I can finish up.  I also need to figure when I can get the decorations out of storage so we can get the tree up and make this place feel a little bit more like Christmas.  The bad thing is I am just not ready for it to be Christmas yet.  I can't explain it but I am having a hard time getting into the spirit.  Here's hoping that adding some decorations to the house will remedy that problem.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am right there with you, regarding "starting to feel like that is the story of my life" AND not being in the Christmas spirit. No. 1, if someone had told me in second grade that life would be this busy, and hectic, I don't think I would have ever grown up. :) It just seems like it takes so much work just to live a normal life nowadays. So, you aren't alone. Just keep doggie paddling and you'll keep your head above it all, and eventually catch your breath. With the Christmas spirit, it is a funny thing- I don't seem to be in the Christmas spirit as much now that I am a grown up with responsibilities. It was much more fun when I was younger, with grandparents alive, and just got to enjoy the season without the responsibilities. Without the bills. Without the "whose family should we see when". Just try to see past all the responsibilities and try to remember the magic you used to associate with Christmas. It's still there if you look.