13 Weeks

I reached 13 weeks today which means I am in my last week of the first trimester.  And that, my friends, is something to be celebrated.  I am hoping it means no more morning sickness and more energy soon.  I have already noticed some improvement in both those areas.  However, thanks to my ever growing belly, my days of sleeping on my stomach are over for the next 6 months (at least).  The problem is that I have always been one of those people who can only get a full night's rest when sleeping in one particular position.  In this case, on my stomach.  So I am having serious issues getting comfortable which means I am having serious issues getting sleep.

In many ways, I am still getting used to the idea of being pregnant and becoming a mother.  I think for so long I believed this would never happen to me so it still seems like a foreign concept.  Chris laughs at me every time I walk past a mirror or window where I can see my reflection.  I can't get over the fact that I look pregnant.  It was a good thing I didn't try to hide this until the first trimester came to an end.  The baby had other ideas.  Apparently, it decided there wasn't enough room to stay tucked away for long.  I have been in maternity pants since the weekend after I found out I was pregnant (almost 7 weeks) and I started showing somewhere around 9 weeks.  I told Chris I wanted to start showing so people would know and not think I was just fat.  Well, Baby listened.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016 To Do List

2015 To Do List - Review

2015 Year in Review