Easter Weekend Ramblings

I can't say that Easter Weekend was anything overly exciting in our household.  However, a couple of funny (or at least interesting to me) things happened that I thought I might share.

  • I ran home after work on Friday before running errands and let Maverick out.  As I was getting ready to leave for my pedicure, I went outside to let the pup back in.  He was no where to be found.  My yard isn't that big and there is no where for him to hide except his dog house, even the gate was closed so I panicked.  Turns out he found a hole under our fence and had decided he needed a play date with the neighbor's 9 month old boxer puppy.  Good thing the two dogs get along well.  But still, it was nerve wracking until I realized where he was and got him back on my side of the fence.  The amusing part was watching him lay on his side to crawl back under the fence with the biggest grin on his face.  Fat doggy almost didn't make it back through the hole.  We have temporarily filled it with large rocks and bricks until we can fix the issue.
  • Thinking that going to the grocery store in the middle of the afternoon on Good Friday would be better than waiting until Saturday of Easter weekend is still a bad idea especially when you aren't going to buy food for the holiday meal.  HEB was a mad house and it took me over an hour to get my weekly shopping done.
  • It also isn't smart to wait until Saturday night to realize you need a few last minute items for the Kiddo's Easter basket.  Thank goodness for Walgreen's.
  • Saturday ended up being a spring cleaning day for me which in itself was interesting.  I am OK with sorting out junk mail and clutter to take to the trash.  Sweeping hurts my back on a normal basis but it is one of those chores that has to been done regularly when you have a dog who sheds and hard wood floors.  But cleaning the bathtub at 6 months pregnant, that is just mean.  I really want to hire a cleaning lady for the rest of the pregnancy (or at least before my mom comes to visit.)
  • Jackson decided to finally let Daddy really feel a kick Saturday morning.  Tiny Tot was in full wiggle worm mode and let Chris feel a swift one right into my left side.  
  • Somehow, despite having my camera in my purse, I did not get a single picture of us all dressed up Sunday or the finished product of Kiddo's Easter basket.  I think it is more to do with my lack of desire to have my picture taken right now.  Every time I see a picture of myself, I just feel huge.  As Chris would say, I am pregnant.  I am supposed to look like that but it still doesn't make me happy.  It's a complex I have along with worrying about whether or not my butt has gotten bigger.  (Chris swears it hasn't.  I can't help but think he is lying.)
On a completely separate side note, today is my nephew's 15th birthday.  FIFTEEN!  I am really starting to feel old.  He was born my freshman year in college and I just have a hard time grasping that he is really that old now.  In my mind, he is still the 9 year old little kid I left behind when I moved to Texas almost 6 years ago.  It amazes me to see how much he and my niece have changed in that time.  Happy Birthday, Jay!

Comments

CraftyHope said…
Holy Cow! I can't believe Jay is that old either. Crazy!! Of course, K and T just turned 11 and 8!!!! How does this happen? I don't feel any older.

Popular posts from this blog

2016 To Do List

2015 To Do List - Review

2015 Year in Review