But Who's Counting

I have 18 days until my due date and all I can do at this point is wait until Jackson decides to make his presence known to this world.  We had an ultrasound last week to see how big our boy is and we were surprised to find out he was only about 6 and a half pounds.  My doctor had said she would schedule a c-section if he was measuring 8 pounds or more at 36 weeks.  At this point, they are estimating he will be a nice average 8 pounds at full term.

I actually started feeling some contractions a couple of nights ago.  Hopefully that means we are starting to make some progress.  I just want Jackson to be the July baby we have planned on him being this entire time.  For the most part, I am just tired, hot, and uncomfortable.  Some days I just feel down right crappy.  I am really starting to understand why some women hate being pregnant.  These last few weeks are definitely the worst part of the pregnancy.  My feet and hands are so swollen right now that I can't feel my fingertips (which makes typing difficult) and the skin on my feet feels stretched to the limits.

Maverick must be sensing that something is going on.  He will barely leave my side.  As a matter of fact, he is sitting on the armrest next to me right now.  If I leave the room, he will either follow me or sit outside the door and wait for me.  I have heard people say their dogs can sense when they are pregnant and try to take care of them.  Maverick hasn't seemed to notice until recently.  I am just hoping he doesn't get to upset when I go to the hospital.  We are planning to take him to the kennel so he won't be left alone at the house.  Hopefully that will help ease any anxiety he might feel.  I don't really worry too much about him and the baby.  After all, the most harm I expect him to do is lick the baby to death.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016 To Do List

2015 To Do List - Review

2015 Year in Review