Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Stuff I Have Tried Recently

I have been intending to write this post for several weeks because I have several new (to me) products I have tried recently and I wanted to share them with my lovely readers.  I also want to hear about any new stuff you have tried recently that you have loved or hated.
erase paste
First up is Erase Paste from Benefit Cosmetics.  I needed a new concealer once I found out Prescriptives had closed up shop and I had tossed my last tube of concealer. On a trip to Ulta, I saw this advertised as one of Allure Magazine's top picks so I figured I would try it and I am glad I did. This stuff works.  I don't look like the over tired mom I really am.  My only complaint is that it is a little too creamy for my liking but I think I just need to blend it a little better.
lemon aid
Also from Benefit Cosmetics is Lemon Aid.  I have actually had this product for awhile but I forgot about it and just started using it again recently. I have really dark eye lids.  So dark that it changes the color of the eye shadow I wear.  Lemon Aid helps to offset this discoloration while acting as an eye shadow primer.  It's a win win in my book.
the POREfessional
Are we starting to sense a theme here? This product actually showed up in my December Birch Box.  I was pretty excited to try it but I wasn't overly impressed with it.  I can't say I hated it but I didn't love it.  Truth be told I couldn't tell a difference when I used it and felt like it was an unnecessary extra step in my makeup routine that I just don't have time for in the mornings.
Maybelline Great Lash LOL Mascara - Brownish Black.Opens in a new window
I was super excited when I saw this Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes mascara. I have always like Great Lash and I love the plastic bristled wands that help to separate my naturally clumpy lashes.  So I just knew this was going to be my perfect mascara.  Alas, it was not so.  The head on the wand is too small and I felt like I had a hard time reaching all my lashes.  Also, the formula of this mascara seemed different and would make my eyes itch by the end of the day.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Have you tried L'Oreal Voluminous mascara? It is my favorite! I've been using it since college and any time I try anything else, I always end up coming back to voluminous!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I really wanted to love that mascara too, but it was not meant to be. The brush is so tiny it was hard to apply. I really like the Great Lash BIG one though. I think it's kind of new.