Bring Back the Words Week 5

Prompt 1: What’s something you believe/support that 20 year old you would be surprised about, and why?
20 year old me would be surprised that I am a mom and I love it.  In college, I was always the one who said I didn't want kids.  I was going to be everyone's favorite aunt.  Even through my first marriage, I had no desire to have children.  Until I turned 30 and everything changed and then I got divorced and it started to look like having a baby would never be an option.  Even more so, I loved being pregnant.  I would go through pregnancy again.  I just don't really want another child.  This is not a surprise to me. Nor was the fact that labor was miserable.  And if I go back and think about it, that was always my issue with having kids.  But now I have and it wasn't fun but I'm glad I did because then my little J wouldn't be here.
Prompt 2: Tell us the most ridiculous moment of your week.

We are traveling this week so it hasn't been a typical week for us so I thought I'd share a story from a couple of weeks ago.  I have a 35 mile commute to work every day on one of the toll roads.  It's long and boring and I want to change it but it is what it is right now.  Well, I was rolling a long one day about 2 weeks ago when I noticed this bird off to left side of my car.  The bird kind of swooped down into my line of sight and caught my attention.  Then about 5 seconds later, it flew into my windshield.  There was a thump and then the bird was gone.  All I can figure was that the bird bounced off my car and into the road.  I'm pretty sure it died but I really have no way of knowing.  But man, did it freak me out.    

Comments

Ginger said…
I am fairly certain we're not having more kids, in large part because the idea of being pregnant and going through labor and/or a c-section again really isn't something I'm interested in reliving. I got my one kiddo, I'm good.

Popular posts from this blog

2016 To Do List

2015 To Do List - Review

2015 Year in Review