Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

To Jackson on Your 2nd Birthday

Dear Jackson,

Two years ago you entered this world in your own stubborn way after a couple of long, tiring days for your daddy and me.  At that moment, my life changed and it has remained that way ever since.  I never realized you were the missing piece of the puzzle I had waited 34 years to plug into my life.  Not a day goes by that I am not amazed by you.  You surprise me all the time with things you know that I didn't teach but you learned somewhere.  And I am so excited to see what is in store for you next.

I will say that not every day is a picnic.  Some days you are very much 2 years old and that is the only way to describe your behavior.  Some days you are my sweet boy who gives me kisses and wants to snuggle.  Either way you are still my baby and I wouldn't trade you for the world.  I want to cherish all these moments because I know they won't last for long.

Right now you love Cars and Memo but Elmo is still your buddy.  Puppy goes everywhere we will let you take him (and some places that we don't).  Macky (Maverick) loves you very much and you love him although you get tired of his constant licking.  You ask us almost daily to go swim even though we don't have access to a pool.  Your curiosity is always on display and frequently gets you in trouble.  You love to sing, especially at bedtime when you should be going to sleep.  You are fascinated with the fish tanks at church and run to check them out every Sunday when we get there.

Oh little boy, how I can't wait to see what the next year brings for us.

Love,
Mommy  

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday, Jackson!

HereWeGoAJen said...

Happy second birthday, Jackson!