Supper Club Sunday - Week 1

Chris and I have been doing Weight Watchers since the end of July with a pretty decent amount of success.  I've lost 16 pounds and he has lost about 20.  I think we have both stalled a bit which I hate with the holidays coming up because I wanted to be closer to my goal so I could relax a bit and enjoy some of my favorite seasonal foods. But I figure I can still enjoy my holiday favorites in moderation and really hit the diet hard again after the first of the year. I'm still pretty motivated to lose weight, especially when I see a picture of myself with a roll right above the waist of my jeans. 

One of the things that has helped us be so successful on our diet was the menu planning we have been doing using WW friendly recipes. I found a lot of recipes that we really got excited about trying. As people who loved food, this is just what we need so we wouldn't be as tempted to cheat. One of my favorite new recipes that I discovered was the taco soup my boss made for us for lunch one day (we started out doing Weight Watchers at Work). This soup was so tasty that I made it two days after I first tried and it is sure to be a regular on my menu plan now.

Taco Soup - Weight Watchers
serves 8
6 points per 1 cup serving

Ingredients
1 pound lean ground beef
15 oz can pinto beans
15oz can yellow corn
15 oz can stewed tomatoes
15 oz can kidney beans
1 cup chopped onions
1 oz packet Taco Seasoning Mix
10 oz can Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles

Directions
Brown the ground beef and onions together until the beef is no longer pink. Transfer beef mixture to a stew pot. Add the remaining ingredients. Do not drain any of your canned ingredients as this makes the base for your soup.  Bring to a boil.  Then reduce heat to a simmer until heated through (about 20 minutes). 

You can also fix this in the slow cooker. Just brown your ground beef as mentioned above. Then dump everything into your slow cooker on low for about 2 hours or until everything is heated through. (This is actually how I fixed it. The stove top method is from my boss's instructions.)

I served this with Southwest Tortilla strips on top but you could add avocado, shredded cheese, or sour cream.

Comments

Elsha said…
Mmmm, sounds yummy!

Popular posts from this blog

2016 To Do List

2015 To Do List - Review

2015 Year in Review