2014 Year in Review

So I'm late to the game but I think 2014 is a year that definitely needed to be reviewed. So much happened, both good and bad, that I want to remember it. Plus I wasn't very good at documenting the events of the year.

1. What did you do in 2014 that you'd never done before?
Rode in an ambulance and a police car. Had an organ removed.

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't really do resolutions but I did do much better on my to do list than I thought I did.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I don't think so but I don't really remember.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Both Chris's grandmother and uncle passed away within less than a month of each other. Then Chris's shift mate died in the line of duty when her patrol car was swept away in flood waters.

5. What countries did you visit?
None and this answer probably won't change anytime soon.

6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you didn't have in 2014?
A house that we own. Not to lose anymore organs. No more funerals.

7. What dates from 2014 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
September 18th - the morning I got the "I'm OK" text

8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
Getting a new job that I love

9. What was your biggest failure?
Gaining back all the weight I lost in Weight Watchers in 2013

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had my first gallbladder attack in October which led to me having surgery to remove my gallbladder the week of Thanksgiving.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our Spot Bot. Sadly, we have needed it more than once this year but it definitely does the job.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Chris's - We had a rough year in 2013 but we started the year strong and he has put up with a lot from me.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The general public and their response to many events that occurred during the year

14. Where did most your money go?
Credit cards, rent, daycare/tuition, food...the usual

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Taking Jackson to Sea World. My new job.

16. What song will always remind you of 2014?
Praise You in This Storm - It got me through Jessica's funeral and the events surrounding it

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a) happier-we are in a very good place right now
b) fatter-unfortunately
c) richer-we finally got some bills paid off this year

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Blog - I really had a lot to say but I just couldn't find it in me to sit down and write.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Yelling at the kids. It is so easy to get frustrated with them.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Day we stayed home and took it easy since I was sick (again) on Christmas. Our good friends came over to hang out and eat our Trader Joe's buffet that evening. It was a great day. The next day we headed to Alabama to spend the next week with my family.

21. Did you fall in love in 2014?
In the end, I think yes. While we dealt with a lot of bad, the year ended on a good note. We have been mostly happy and that is something to celebrate.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Still Downton Abbey. I have watched every episode about three times.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No, I can't really say that I hate anyone.

24. What was the best book you read?
Attachments, Gone Girl, The Ten Thousand Dollar Tan Line

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I can't really say I got into any new music this year.

26. What did you want and get?
My new job (are we sensing a theme here?)

27. What did you want and not get?

A house of our own. We had planned to to move at the end of our lease in April but that didn't happen for many reasons. 

28. What was your favorite film of 2014?
The Veronica Mars Movie of course! And The Fault in Our Stars

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 37 this year. My co-workers ordered Tiff's Treats for me. The boys and I stayed home and took it easy on the actual day since Chris and I had a date the night before at The Thinkery 21.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More spending money.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2013?
Business casual which is a nice step up from the t-shirt and jeans of the last few years

32. What kept you sane?
Being able to come home at then end of the day. I really enjoy my family even on the rough toddler days.

33. What political issue stirred you the most?
I'm not sure that I really want to get into but it really boils down to the public opinion towards law enforcement right now.

34. Who did you miss?
Always my family...I just hate being so far away from them. Also my friend, Martha, who passed away in 2013

35. Who was the best new person you met?
My new co-workers.  This new job has really been a good fit me, especially personality wise.

36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014.
To make sure you take the time to let those you love know it because life is short.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016 To Do List

2015 To Do List - Review

2015 Year in Review